for Crafty Souls & curious minds
Let's craft your business your way
Hi, I’m May!
I help makers and artists create their dream side-hustles through curation and promotion and community building, as well as providing mentorship to makers who need a little hand holding along the way.
Topics I specialise in:
Promoting your handmade business online!
Getting you started on instagram
Social media strategy
Making your own website and online store
Social Media scheduling
Turning your hobby into a side hustle
When you work with me can expect to receive tailored advice on next steps to help you grow your handmade brand, in terms that you understand.
I am not big on “business speak” and break things down to basics so you can understand not only why you need to take the steps in your plan, but how to take them. I am here to hold your hand through the more boring bits of crafting your own business.
digital marketing & business strategy tailored to you and your unique needs
Traditional marketing advice isn’t made for creative micro-businesses like yours. Especially if you’re a busy brained creative or overthinker!
I combine my art industry understanding with my hands on experience running my Etsy style e-commerce site and bricks and mortar retail gallery in Melbourne in.cube8r that supports more than 100 local makers to market their brands as well as 15 years experience in both charity fundraising & working with many creative small business owners to grow their own businesses through mentoring, workshops, and by creating multi-chanel marketing campaigns promoting arts based businesses.
I believe strongly that there are more ways to promote your business than Instagram & TikTok, and teach strategies that incorporate
- Search Engine Optimisation to find new customers looking to spend money
- Blogging to improve the customer experience (and for SEO)
- Email Marketing to update your biggest fans of new offerings and updates
- Public Relations (PR), Experiential Marketing and Activations to get your products & services in front of more people, such as markets, conventions, pop-ups and brand collaborations
- Social Media Training and Strategy to SUPPORT your other marketing strategies (rather than as the first priority)
- Website Development to help you sell your products & I teach you how it actually works, so you can maintain and update it along the way.
And I teach you how to understand what’s working, what’s not… and what actions to take based on the insights you gain.
Basically, i’m your nerdy big sister here to hold your hand and show you how to do solopreneurship, in a way that works for you and save you time so you can get back to what you love, making!