By renting a cube to sell their products, in.cube8r’s 100+ artists maintain their own spaces, and we handle the marketing, customer service and management of the space.
Our mission is to support local artists by providing opportunities to sell in a retail environment, with an active audience who loves all things local and handmade. At in.cube8r we provide artists with more than a place to sell their work. We provide them branding opportunities, mentoring, customer feedback and community benefits not available in other spaces.
And we do all of this, while taking no commission on sales.
Business development & Growth
- Bought in.cube8r in Feb 2016 when business was on a trend of decreasing sales year on year. Increased sales by 30% in first year, and have seen continued growth year on year
- Successfully managed two retail stores through covid-19 crisis while continuing to grow the brand
- Expanded offering to include online store and exhibition events creating further opportunities for artists and revenue.
- Established the store as a viable option for artists expanding their multi-channel marketing strategy
- Managed multiple stores over 6 years. My experience in sourcing new locations, reviewing leases, designing and sourcing store fit out, performing physical fit out (painting, construction etc) and managing contractors allows me to relate to the business lifecycle clients experience at different stages of their own business.
- Established myself as an expert in the field with artists requesting 1:1 support and workshops, which has since become a separate venture, complementary to what we do at in.cube8r.
- Single handedly design, program and maintain an e-commerce multi-vendor marketplace with more than 5,000 one-of-a-kind handmade products.
- The website also operates as Point of Sale for the store
- Running online marketing tactics to run and maintain steady flow of leads to online store
- Build and maintain an organic social media following of more than 20k
- Manage strategy and branding and mailing list of 4,500 local customers.
Sales, marketing & community
- Curate fortnightly group and solo exhibitions
- Set up and maintain sales funnels, nurture sequences and lead generation marketing campaigns
- Run online community on Mighty Network platform with more than 200 active local artist members
- Create marketing plans for staff to follow to maintain and grow following.
- Design signage, marketing materials and digital marketing elements and templates for team to use
- Maintain and manage store fit-out for existing and new stores.
Daily business operation
- Manage staff, run payroll, scheduling, ongoing mentorship for staff on how to create social media posts, blogs, webpages, emails to database and business wide marketing strategy
- Perform own bookkeeping using xero
- Review profit and loss reports and adjust business strategy accordingly
- Manage cash flow, suppliers, and business relationships